Chelsea College of Art and Design alumnus Mark Wallinger (Chelsea, 1981) has been selected as the winner of a £2 million public art commission to mark the building of Ebbsfleet International station in North Kent. Wallinger’s 50 metre high statue of a white stallion will be visible from the A2 and the Eurostar. He beat off competition from fellow alumni Richard Deacon (CSM, 1972) and Christopher le Brun (Chelsea, 1975), who were also shortlisted for the commission.
Comments are closed.
Recent UAL News
- UAL supports launch of Theatre and Performance Design Education Network March 14, 2018
- UAL joins forces with VICE to raise awareness of mental health in young people March 9, 2018
- UAL’s Digital Maker Collective transforms Tate Exchange March 8, 2018
- Xhibit 2018: the most exciting UAL talent revealed March 8, 2018
- UAL in World’s Top 6 Universities for Art & Design 2018 March 5, 2018
UAL on Twitter
- RT @LCCLondon: We've rounded some of our favourite Instagram posts taken in and around LCC from February... Some beautiful shots! https://t…yesterday
- First in your family to go to university? Join the NYLON cultural exchange for unique educational, cultural and cre… https://t.co/56LkpztI4h2 days ago
- RT @ElloWeezee: We previewed @VICEUKs new film 'XANXIETY', which tackles the rise of fake Xanax & Mental Health amongst teens in UK. Thank…2 days ago