UAL has been named the world’s sixth best University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings® 2017, cementing its status as a global leader of art and design education.
The annual rankings rate the world’s top 200 universities and institutions overall and by individual subject area, based on academic reputation, employer reputation and research impact.
These rankings affirm UAL as the main talent pipeline into the creative industries. UAL’s alumni include some of the most influential names in art, design, fashion, communication and performance, and include Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney, John Galliano, Jimmy Choo, Anish Kapoor , Antony Gormley, Jarvis Cocker, Sir Terrence Conran, Jefferson Hack , Rankin, Tom Hardy, Ralph Fiennes, Colin Firth, Florence Welch, Michael Fassbender and many more.
UAL: talent pipeline for future creatives
• 37 of the 80 Royal Academicians are UAL alumni; a further 17 are serving or former staff.
• 16: the number of times UAL alumni have won the Turner Prize in the 30 years since its inception. UAL alumni have featured in 23 shortlists – accounting for over half of all nominees.
• Over half of the recipients of British Designer of the Year are UAL alumni.
• 7: the number of UAL alumni who have won the Prince Philip Designers Prize.
• 10: the number of UAL alumni who are current Royal Designers for Industry for product or industrial design.
• Over half of the fashion designers that showed at London Fashion Week 2017 are UAL alumni.
• Multiple winners in the most prestigious art and design awards: from the BP Portrait Award; Jerwood Prize; Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize; Minerva Medal; BAFTAs, Golden Globes and Oscars.
For full listings and more information, visit the QS World University Rankings by Subject website.