Alt/Shift – examining the future form of education for the creative industries.
Alt/Shift is a one day conference that aims to examine what the future of design education could, should or might be.
The conference will take place on Thursday 13 December at the LBi Event Space in London.
Speaking on the day will be:
- Shane RJ Walter – Co-founder and Creative Director of onedotzero.
- Matt Wade – Co-founder and Director of Kin.
- Russell Holmes – Creative Strategy Partner at Ico Design.
- Will Hudson – Founder of It’s Nice That.
- Nat Hunter – Co-Director of Design at the RSA.
- Shân Wareing – Pro Vice Chancellor Learning and Teaching. Buckinghamshire New University.
- Sophie Walter – Head of Production and Operations at onedotzero.
- Darryl Clifton – Design Programme Director and Head of Illustration. Camberwell College of Arts.
- Stuart Price – Co-Founder of Thoughtful.
- James Corazzo – Senior Lecturer in Graphic Design at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Tricia Austin – Research Leader of the Spatial Practices Programme at Central St Martins.
- Derek Yates – Project Coordinator, Senior Lecturer in Graphic Design. Camberwell College of Arts.
Alt/Shift is thinking about the following:
How can we connect with and inform emerging creative methodology? Do we need to be more accountable to the industries we serve? Do we have a wider social responsibility? How do we build better relationships with the tertiary and secondary sectors?
What are the priorities that will drive our pedagogy into the 21st Century?
Maverick or collaborator? Isolation or connection? Picture maker or problem solver? Authorship or co-creation? Minority or majority? Originality or interpretation? Artifact or experience? Craft or communication? Freedom or restriction? Inspiration or evidence? Clarity or intrigue? Academic or vocational? Niche or mainstream? Personal or Public?
Get involved in the discussion via Twitter – @altshiftUAL / #altshiftual
Early bird – £40
Full – £60
Concessions – £40
Buy a ticket - estore.arts.ac.uk
Alt/Shift is the brain child of Derek Yates (Course Director – FdA Graphic Design and FdA Illustration, Camberwell College of Arts) and is supported by SEE.