LCF have won the WGSN Digital Portfolio Award for the fourth year running at the British Fashion Council’s Graduate Preview day.
The Graduate Preview day is an annual event which gives the fashion industry a first look at the work of newly graduated designers. It is attended each year by leading manufacturers, retailers, designers and members of the press.
Rob Phillips, Creative Director of the School of Design and Technology, said he was delighted that his students had claimed the prize for the fourth year running.
On the thinking behind the winning video he said:
“We believe that fashion film is an ephemeral, stimulating sensory experience that conveys the products in new exciting ways, reaching a much vaster audience, tapping in to today’s ‘time short’ culture.”
The WGSN Digital Presentation Award recognises the importance of the integration of fashion and technology.
Rob Phillips said, “We work excessively hard in developing digital media communications for the fashion designs of our students and film is one such dynamic example of our endeavours.”
The award winning short film was made in collaboration with OWH creative.
Graduates from the following courses were involved:
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology: Womenswear
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design Technology: Menswear
- BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Development
- BA (Hons) Fashion Textiles
- BA (Hons) Fashion Jewellery
- BA (Hons) Fashion Sportswear
- BA (Hons) Fashion Contour
- BA (Hons) Bespoke Tailoring
- BA (Hons) Cordwainers Fashion Accessories: Product Design & Development
- BA (Hons) Cordwainers Footwear: Product Design & Development
- FdA Fashion Design Technology: Designer Pattern Cutter
- FdA Fashion Design Technology: Surface Textiles
- FdA Fashion Design Technology: Knitwear
- FdA Tailoring
- FdA Cordwainers: Footwear Design
- FdA Cordwainers: Accessory Design
- MDes International Fashion Production Management
- Diploma in Professional Studies
- Access to Higher Education (Fashion)
Photography: James Rees Model: Louise Allcoat (LCF Street Cast)
The post LCF wins at British Fashion Council Graduate Preview Day 2013 appeared first on LCF News.